5 Top Tips to Improve Cold Calling Conversions, by Mark Blezard
Updated: Dec 22, 2020
Cold Calling. The more successful you become the more it is fun.
1) Like an athlete, exercise before a session. Warm up physically, get the blood flowing and breathing open.
2) Stand up when using a phone. How many concerts have you attended where the lead singer sits?
3) Prepare. Plan in advance what you want, number of leads, appointments, pitches. What will ‘good’ look like and how will you know when you are done? Plan your session times too. It is essential to have breaks
4) Practice your 'killer intro.' Remember, you have less than 10 seconds to hook the prospect's by being interesting and intelligent.
5) Track your session. Everyone will have a conversion rate of how many 'dials' lead to a contact. Document this so that you can improve upon it. If it takes 5 dials to reach someone and 5 'contacts' to get an appointment, fine. You now know that you need to simply need to dial 25 numbers to get an appointment. Now the job is becoming more manageable and less like roulette.